European Food Information Council
EUFIC's mission is to offer accessible, appealing and actionable science based information on food and health to inspire and empower people to make better decisions about diet and lifestyle.
EUFIC is a group of passionate science and communication experts who believe in the power of informed consumers and in a world where people choose to live healthily because they know how to.
- Cover a wide range of topics on nutrition, lifestyle and health, food safety, food quality, legislation, and food risk communication.
- Carry out consumer research to find out people’s perceptions, views and preferences.
- Information based on research evidence supported by the wider scientific community.
- Materials understandable and accessible to the general public and used by health professionals and educators.
- Collaborate with a broad network of academics, national and international organisations, businesses and professionals in food and health.
- Work with Scientific Advisory and Editorial Boards, as well as independent experts on specific projects, who advise on the scientific direction and ensure the accuracy and impartiality of EUFICs work.
- Funding comes from individual food and drink companies, the European Commission, foundations, umbrella organisations and from sales of publications.