Paula Varela Tomasco
Senior Researcher, Sensory & Consumer Science
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Professor, Sensory & Consumer Science
Consumer behaviour, methodological aspects of consumer research particularly with special populations (children, elderly, vulnerable populations). How to support consumer transition to healthier and more sustainable diets at the light of food-related societal issues
- Chair of the European Sensory Society (E3S) 2021-2022.
- Associate editor of Food Quality and Preference; Member of the Editorial Boards of Food Research International and Current Opinion in Food Science.
- Participation in scientific advisory boards as consumer expert: ETP Food For Life (Europe), Institute Paul Bocuse Research (France), Leatherhead Research Institute (UK).
- Expert evaluator for the EU commission and various national funding agencies.
- Coordinator of EU projects with focus on healthy eating.